Tuesday, May 5, 2020

respectful disagreement

Opinion, fact
Different sides and theories
There's not a problem with disagreeing!

But that's not generally how people feel.
I have noticed that people have a problem with being disagreed with.

Why?
Why is that a problem?
Do we expect that we are all going to be on the same page as each other?

We aren't going to believe the same things about our finances
Or how to raise a family
Or what kind of job would work best for you, or for me, or for someone we have to in common
Or what types of things should be important in a president
What kind of things should be legal and illegal

What color looks best on my body type versus your style choices for yourself
What type of vehicle we should drive
Where we should eat
or what activities we should do together.

It's okay to disagree :)
We can respectfully have different views and different lives.


"That's not what I would do.. but that's okay!"
"That's not who I would do that with.. but that's okay!"
"I wouldn't have done it that way, but it's fine. I don't have to! It's not about me!"


No comments: