Sunday, April 19, 2020

people pleasing

It zaps you of who you are and you lose yourself in the middle of making everyone else happy. Learning boundaries starts to give you your own life back and destress and start to learn who you are again.

In some words from the book- The Worn out Woman
Comparing yourself to others is dangerous. As your stress increases, you tend to become more self-critical. Whoever you are, someone will always be better of brighter than you.
When you compare yourself to others, you actually stop seeing yourself.

And you can't make everyone happy, either. So if you compare yourself to them, and want to make them happy, then you start taking away from things that make you happy, and your life is no longer yours, it belongs to them.

* I used to only get my sense of worth from this, especially with affirmation being my love language.
Me, wanting to be accepted, especially being an undiagnosed autistic. When you want to be accepted by other people but don't even know who you are, it takes even longer to gain a sense of self, because the person you think you are isn't even you.
It can take a life time to know who you are.. through counseling and therapy, I finally have a solid sense of who Cami is. Now I can take that and learn who I am IN CHRIST and start to really listen to Him and watch my life and my surroundings come together better.

Scripture reminds us that "our purpose is to place God, not people."


No comments: