Monday, April 13, 2020

Good Friday- Elevation Church on Youtube

What Jesus came to do wasn't to heal and teach, but he came to die. 
That's exactly what His purpose was here on earth. 

It's so simple a child can understand it. 
But it's so deep, elders in the church can't wrap their mind around it. 

The disciples/followers, why would they be surprised when he said he would do it? 

The first person Jesus appeared to was Mary Magdalene. 
Why? Because she was with him along the journey, she promoted was He was saying, she was the last to see him when he was put in the grave. She accepted his death. 
She was also the woman Jesus had cast 7 demons out of. 

I could never repay him- Jesus paid it all. 
He paid with his life.. his blood, his body.
For the wages of sin is death
       BUT the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus. 
He was the lamb prepared for the slaughter. 
perfect
sinless
stain free 

And it's so easy to quote His promises until we are put up against a hard time. 

But
Because he lives, I can face tomorrow! 

He may not fix what I go through, but I can face it because of Him. 
Because He faced it.. and took all my crap away from me. 
Praise God.. I don't have to be afraid of anything I go through.. because He went through it.
     He knows
    He died for my freedom
    And now He lives!

No comments: