Monday, April 13, 2020

my daughter and my clothes

So recently my oldest daughter and I were going through clothes because she's growing again.. of course.

At the same time, I decided to get some of my clothes out and swap em out, since it's spring and we have had a couple hot days.

So.. she tried on a shirt of mine, and it made me think "oh no, we're the same size"!

Then she went in my closet.. excuse me, that's my personal space.
She pulled out a sweater that I bought for myself, and I'm generally not emotionally attached to these things, but I found myself screaming on the inside "put it down! it's mine!". I know my face wasn't happy and she asked if she could try it out. I told her no, but she begged.
She tried it on.
I cried on the inside.

There is a blouse that I will let her wear.
But keep your paws off my favorite things.
(deep breathe. autism.. anxiety spike. don't touch my things. especially something I bought for myself. I don't do that a lot.)

No comments: