Tuesday, April 28, 2020

is society supposed to be patriarchal

from Wikipedia
"Patriarchy is a social system in which men hold primary power and predominate in roles of political leadership, moral authority, social privilege and control of property. Some patriarchal societies are also patrilineal, meaning that property and title are inherited by the male lineage. Patriarchy is associated with a set of ideas, a patriarchal ideology that acts to explain and justify this dominance and attributes it to inherent natural differences between men and women." 

I grew up in an Evangelical home and from that I know and what I believe, society should be a patriarchy. Men are supposed to be the heads. This doesn't mean women are less than them or can't be in other places of being "in charge", and I don't believe this is anti-feminist either. I truly think men are created to be the Heads of society. That doesn't mean women are less important or can't be intilligent. 

No comments: