Tuesday, March 10, 2020

this morning with chronic illness

so since up this morning with my girls, i stumbled out of bed, catching myself on the wall.. caught myself with my arm. not a huge deal, a little bit of disequilibrium.

came downstairs, started coffee, started feeling nauseous before I put ANYthing in my body. usually i'll feel nauseous after i take my medications. i hadn't had coffee, hadn't had water, no meds, hadn't had anything. just felt nauseous from being alive and being awake, i felt sick.

sitting at the table i felt burning in my bladder, thank you to any sugar or acidy foods that i might have had in the last 48 hours for making that happen. probably the cupcakes that i ate at the wedding expo.. that's what i get for enjoying myself a little bit.

the burning is subsiding a bit now but it's not going away until later today. that's been my experience, that is why i only drink dark roast coffee because it is the least acidic and i will not get rid of coffee.

just now i went bathroom and that might sound strange to be telling you out loud, but that triggered an episode of my rectal spasms, so proctalgia fugal, just from going bathroom. if my SI joint is not in place and shifts back into place, sometimes that is what holds fecal matter back in my colon. this morning i had quite a bit released. over the last couple days i haven't had much released, so that's probably why i had the rectal spasms, because my SI joint shifted and i was able to release anything that was backed up in my colon. so then the muscle, the spasms, are trying to stabilize the SI joint. so I ran out, got my muscle relaxer, stuck it under my tongue and prayed that the heat vent would turn on so i could sit on it and rock back and forth. (i didn't want to use my heat pad, the couch is sometimes to soft to sit on in this situation.)

i'm actually sitting here on the heat vent waiting for the heat to turn on.
thankfully the muscle relaxers seem to have taken care of it but i'm going to get up and see if it returns.

this is just the morning of a life with chronic illnesses.
goes to show that this is why we may not look disabled, but we are, because we never have any idea what our bodies are going to throw at us.

No comments: