Monday, March 30, 2020

"so what"

judgement is someone actively choosing to miss out

it's unfortunately human nature to judge something or someone within seconds of meeting them. we make assumptions and stories in our minds before we even say hello or shake their hand.

but when we make judgements on purpose in relationships, we are actively, purposefully, choosing to miss out on things that the other person is offering.

and a lot of times we have no base for our judgements.
we see something that we wouldn't normally be ok with, and instead of opening our minds to the possibility of something different and better, we close off and choose to remain where we are.

when we are on the receiving end of this, we need to remember that the person judging you is choosing to miss out on something you are offering that is different and possibly scary to them.

our attitude toward the judgements people choose should be "so what?". instead of internalizing it and thinking that we did something wrong and we are going somewhere or doing something that's not ok, we need to be ok with the fact that they turned it down and go on our merry way.

they are judging my sense of style.. so what? this is me, they don't have to like it or join me in my fashion journey.

they are judging my way of parenting.. so what? this is what works for me and mine, they can find something that works for them and that's ok.

they are judging my way of life.. so what? they live the way they live, I'll live the way I live, we can be respectful of each other and celebrate our differences instead of shunning them and ignoring them.

next time you are judged…

"so what?" you do what you think is best for you, whether someone judges you and misses out on your journey or not.

No comments: