Friday, November 15, 2019

writing

writing
is nothing more or less than speaking like yourself on the page.

stop trying to pretty it up and just talk.

all writers, singers and artists suck when they start.

the struggle is to keep going.
---------
this came from an audio book we listened to on the way to and from NY this past weekend.
makes me think of my past and love for writing.

i've written things for my school newspaper
i've written poetry for myself, which i can't find the binder :(
i wrote poetry on a website (that i have since copied over to a file on my computer)
i wrote multiple papers in college (always a good grade) which i have also copied over to a file on my computer
i wrote 3 short story romances in high school, that i think i threw out when i discarded my old diary/journals :(

i did all of the advertising and the signage for my business, when i had it.

i check my husbands work before he sends things out to clients.
i work on his social media account for business.

and i'm now keeping up with this blog fairly well when i'm not exhausted and can focus, video blogging on my own new FB page, and writing other things in my spare time.

it hasn't always been pretty, honestly some things have been very cliche' and sucky.
but it's good to be able to spill out my words.

and watch them change over time.

No comments: