Tuesday, November 26, 2019

good vibes?

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=303515

https://www.christianitytoday.com/women/2015/september/i-dont-want-your-good-vibes-i-want-prayer.html

So I have been curious because of seeing people say they will send "good vibes" to someone when they are asking for prayer, and I always wondered what the deal was with that, assuming it was someone who didn't have a faith basis.

I came up correct in that assumption.
Instead of saying "I'll pray for you" since they don't believe in the higher power of God, so therefore not believing in asking God to help, they said "sending good vibes" because they are thinking of you and holding you close to their heart, in general feeling "good vibes/vibrations" coming from within them and sending that feeling to the person who is feeling the need for support.

I can totally understand that, and have respect for that.
I'm glad I looked into it, instead of just assuming that they didn't want to "pray" per se.
I'm grateful to have my own brood of non-faith friends who still find those feelings within themselves to send to me and anyone else.

No comments: