Wednesday, November 13, 2019

blog text about autism testing

So I just finished with Alivia‘s autism testing. Apparently because I decided to be tested for autism the psychologist took the information in the website that I gave him herautism.com and he actually went on there and he looked through a bunch of it and he and one of the other people in the office actually took the face blindness test and he says that I should do that with Alivia. He’s finding it very interesting the things that I struggle with and noticing the traits that I have

I showed him the book that I have about living with aspergers and the Facebook group that I am in women on the autism spectrum, he wrote both of those down and he’s going to use all of these resources that I have in his diagnosing tools toolbox for other women on the spectrum :-)

Alivia has high functioning autism just like me but of course because it’s a spectrum she presents differently than I do. I have more of a mental and anxiety struggle and communication with research being a special interest as well as writing. Alivia has more of a sensory with clothing and texture with eating and being overwhelmed with too much information. She has two really good friends and her animal interest is one of her special interests.

And this morning in my appointment with my psychologist Keisha, she said that this time last year when we were meeting I have come along way. I’m starting to adapt tools that help me in daily, I am able to sort out some of my triggers now and be able to handle my anxiety before it blows up, that I’m not having as many meltdowns. Then I’m really learning who I am from the inside and I’m excepting my new place in life and my new journey very well

I am so proud of myself for becoming an advocate for my family.

God has been telling me to use my voice for other people and to be more vocal about life struggles and illnesses and mental health and the hardest part has been to see the struggles within myself and my family my children, and I have taken it upon myself to be brave no matter what anxiety does and make sure that my family is taken care of. Meaning my children have had testing I have had testing and now we are on the right track and I feel so proud of myself and I’m so thankful to God for

So thankful to God for giving me a voice and encouraging me to use it and using different avenues like devotions and people in the groups and Pinterest to help me along the way I did help me know that I am doing the right thing even though I have had pushbacks and setbacks even from people within my family

the psychologist about autism also mentioned that i make many different faces. that i’m animated. lol. 😊 he got me on a roll about my autism book. 😊 yup, i’m either super animated and verbal, or i’m quiet and simple

No comments: