Monday, November 4, 2019

Northridge Church online notes- the series "shoes"


"wing tips"


empathy= your hurt is my hurt (i feel your pain)

sympathy= I feel bad for you. i can't relate, but i'm sorry for your loss. 

Luke 19- the story of Zaccheus
Jesus stepped into his shoes and walked to his house and understood him. 

"flip flops" 

Jesus "the shoes I wear are full of grace and truth"
we can't just speak the truth (no filter)
we can't just speak grace (don't like conflict)

we have to speak truth in grace, and have to use grace in truth. 

growth never happens in the comfort zone. 

{I love you so much, I love you where you are. 
But I love you so much, I can't let you stay there.}

serve one another in love. 
we abuse grace and use it to do whatever we want. we abuse relationships, we use people. "oh they'll forgive me", "God knows I sin, it's no big deal"

don't TRY to be interesting
BE interesting
BE active
MAKE change

spiritual change always starts with relational commitment. you have to be committed to that relationship for it to change. (relationship with Jesus, relationship with significant other, relationship with family members, siblings, friends)

No comments: