Friday, July 31, 2020

what's your addiction?

Everybody has an addition. If they didn't they wouldn't be human. I'm willing to admit that my addiction goes along with one of my love languages: words of affirmation.

That's not to say that it's bad to want to hear people affirm you, you really do need feedback and encouragement to continue doing life. We are meant to be in community.

But for me, there's a problem when I'm looking only to people to give me that instead of from God, so I backslide and I constantly have to check myself and ask where I'm getting the affirmation from.

And I can tell when I'm looking in the wrong places, my anxiety and depression are worse, and my soul and heart feel disconnected and I feel more like crap.

So even though I'm not much of a people person (IE ambivert), I do need to have that feedback that what I'm doing is right and good.

No comments: