Friday, July 31, 2020

disability - usable hours



7-8-2020 I started this blog post after I saw this graphic on Pinterest, because it made me interested in knowing how many usable hours I have.

right now, I'm about 2 weeks into this project and my BEST day was really a good MENTAL health day, but my body was really beat down from all the movement and activity, though enjoyable, I had done.
-------

7-31-2020
I'm having a hard time tracking what's usable. My thinking is when I'm not in any kind of pain (or minimal pain), when I can think straight, when my boy and mind are at optimal capacity. That is usable to me.
Basically.. summer is out, and I'm pretty sure winter will be out. I feel my best in spring and fall. No extreme heat or extreme cold, possibility of dehydration, etc. Brain fog, inflammation, completely exhaustion, exercise intolerance.

Even when I'm at peak performance, I run the risk of injuring myself by walking, stepping, turning, pulling, lifting, laughing, being tickled..
I'm glad I tried this.

Overstimulation is a huge problem for me.
Having too much going on at one time, someone trying to tell me something at the same time I'm in the middle of writing something or listening to something else. Focusing on one project and getting pulled in different directions. Too many voices, too much noise, the sun seeming loud, my neck muscles wanting to collapse, not being able to sit or stand comfortably, someone touching me, the wrong material against my skin, light touch, too much information visually, having a hard time narrowing down or deciding things that important or things that can wait.


No comments: