Friday, July 31, 2020

proprioception and sensory realization

I'm laying on the hammock and my back is killing me. I know I've missed a couple days tracking my usable hours, but it can be too much to keep track of everything, and it's more important for me to do my psychology work. (This helps me to be able to function mentally and physically on a day to day basis.) Also it's overwhelming to have to think and remember all of it, and to figure out what usable means. I'm not used to what's normal and what's not. It's hard to feel normal, because my normal is.. *shrugs.. too unpredictable? There's no specific definition.

Laying on a specific surface is good sensory input for my skin. I'm noticing things like blankets (mostly fleece), things that are soft but not too soft (like fleece or t-shirt cotton), or a cool breeze, just air. These feel really good against my skin, and laying on something like that, the pressure and the fact that I can control what parts of my body touch the material is very helpful.

No comments: