Friday, July 31, 2020

being an ambivert (introvert and extrovert combination)

https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop/design/i+am+ambivert+womens+premium+t-shirt-D5d8a07ea2051762642297cfd?sellable=XyEGdvE48gfGQxJ5rgRq-813-8&appearance=397&size=3



I totally want this shirt! (I'm a M by the way.. cough medium cough.)

Introversion is defined as a preference for calm, minimally stimulating environments.

Extroversion definition is the act, state, or habit of being predominantly concerned with and obtaining gratification from what is outside the self. 

Ambivert is someone who likes people and enjoys deep interaction, but can't hang around them very long without needing to get away to be by themselves for a while. 



The places I go and feel comfortable don't always have to do with the people who are there, it has to do with if I can recharge myself by then. The need to be prepared for such interactions and what that preparation looks like. Also, once I'm in these places, I need to be able to read my body and my mind so that if I I feel uncomfortable or overdone, I know there's a place I can retreat to in the vicinity that can make the rest of the interaction bearable. It's not that I don't like the people or the place (if I did, I wouldn't come in the first place), I'm actually making an effort to give that setting the best of me. I want to be there, but even too much of a good thing can be too much. 




If there's a place that I HAVE to be or a setting that is necessary, like a job, and I know it's going to take a lot to deal with, I look for small moments of joy. Like petting any animal that's there, talking to the children, a moment away from the crowd to snack, taking an extra minute in the bathroom just to breathe, things like this.


I love to be with people I know and enjoy. :)

If I can grab a cup of coffee in a small quiet setting and just chat, or sit in a park or take a walk just the two of us, this is perfect. It's just much harder to focus and participate with the special person when other people are involved. Groups are intimidating and anxiety inducing.



I love being open minded to new ideas, different ways to do things, being able to make something myself with the direction of someone else.




It's hard to be here by myself right now. (well.. alone.. with the kids.. and the cats.. and the husband.) Even though I do like to be a homebody, I also definitely need to leave the house sometimes and be around other people. Not necessarily interacting with them, just in the presence of them. I wouldn't even mind just taking a walk in a park and waving and random people, just to see other human life forms and know that I'm not suck in a building.


No comments: