Friday, November 30, 2018

my diet and way of life


I'm finding through trial and error with different foods, cutting out certain things, eating certain things.. i'm finding that just eating veggies and fruits isn't giving me enough. I have been making some gluten free breads, so that has been helpful, but i've also cut back on my beef, I barely eat beef anymore. But eggs are a big part of my diet, i need to keep those. I'm also finding that when i have lean meats along with my veggies, that is also something that helps my body feel good. When I don't eat any meats, I feel like i'm lacking and sluggish.

Fish, i have to keep fish in my diet. There are actually some fruits and vegetables that my body doesn't respond well to, they hurt me. I'm not allowed to eat acidy fruits and vegetables, which is more than you would think. I can't have pineapple, oranges, grapefruit, tomatoes, some coffees. And beans i'm finding out that reason i don't like beans is the texture i can't get past.. the starchiness of the inside and the skin just don't agree with me. They make me gag. They also make me bloated and super painful.

So that's really cutting back a lot of options for me, so i'm finding it basically imperative that i have the lean meats in my diet. Like even veggie burgers, I can't eat because of the soy. I can't have soy either because it gives me mood swings, along with the already having hormone issues. 
I'm not going to be able to have a vegan diet, no matter how much I want to save the animals. I need some of that. 

So i've been checking labels and researching companies to see how they treat their animals. It has definitely made me more aware of what I want and don't want to be part of my life, included in my diet. 
As much as i love animals, and i known i've seen videos here and there throughout my life about how terrible they are treated in the food industry. And now with my best friend trying to open my eyes more and educate me, telling me and showing me what's going on. I am finding that a vegan diet is not going to be something I can do. But I cutting back on meat. 

So I know that even though i'm not going to be able to cut out all meats, i'm able to cut back and save some lives. 
I will be having eggs and butter. 
I am actually unable to bacon and sausage for the most part, that also sets off my headaches. 
But i will be having fish and chicken and turkey and eggs. 

Also note, i'm cutting back on condiments as well. I'm using more dressings, like avocado oil dressing with garlic seasoning.. stuff like that. 
I don't use most cheeses anymore, I have almond milk now. When I do use butter, it's not a lot. I'm also making my own hummus out of chickpeas and my daughters love my kale chips (homemade). 

Thankful for changes that I can make to help my body feel better and knowing that i'm also making a difference, however small, in some animals lives.

No comments: