Thursday, November 8, 2018

Body Wraps


Looking at me right now you would have no idea I am wearing not one, not two but seven different body wraps right now. This helps me feel put together, or normal. A set of toe separators, a set of custom orthotics, A set of ankle wraps, a set of knee wraps, my SI belt, body shaper shorts, and a double shoulder wrap. Not to mention the rings/finger splints/hand wraps that I will be switching in and out of all day.

You also wouldn’t know that I take seven pills with breakfast (2 are chewable, 1 more in the spring summer and fall for allergies), two with dinner, two before bed and a spray under my tongue.
All of this to help me thrive and get me through each day. (those are just my daily meds, I also have a couple that I take as needed. 2 for migraines, 1 for pain and an inhaler)
Also oils so I don’t have to take anymore meds than needed. 

I didn’t know about any of these things that could help me up until a couple years ago. Would have been nice to know when I was younger, I might not have had to quit running track or keep falling out of the same tree at the same spot, or keep running into things as my bike adding to my multiple bumps bruises and scars. 

Wouldn’t have known I was hyper extending myself all these years, leading to chronic joint pain.

There’s also makes me super glad that I have found my answer, because my oldest daughter is just like me in this way. Now I can help her as she’s growing up to strengthen her self and be more careful so she can still be active and hopefully not have her body breakdown like mine is right now.

No comments: