Thursday, November 8, 2018

let's talk about God


who is He to you? 
do you believe in Him? 
have you been a believer for a while? 
or is this faith thing something you're just learning about? 

God, to me, is someone I can always reach out to. 
He gives me strength. 
He's into the details of life. 
It's the little things that all piece together where you can really see Him working. 

He's like a father. 
Not in the human sense at all, but like that dad you've always wanted. That dad that would wrap their arms around you, hold you and say "everything's going to be ok".

To me, God is the artist and the orchestrator. 
He paints so many beautiful things and molds all their tiny pieces into masterpieces. 
He shows up at the times where you may not even need him.. like getting out of my driveway on the way to the laundromat.. the road was clear. That's rare on my road. 

Or the light turns green right when you get to it, and He KNOWS it's been a hard day, or you just need to catch a break. 

Or the cat jumps on your lap when you could really use a hug and just starts purring. 

Or my daughter tells me a story about how she got to stand up for someone at school today.
Or how she hears bad words and knows that those words aren't something a person who believes in God should say. 

These are all ways I see God. 
I hear him tell me sometimes to send a text to a certain person. Or every now and then, i'll feel a nudge to go somewhere or do something. 
And sometimes, it really sounds or feels like something ridiculous. 

I was doing a little bit of thrift shopping the other day, and for some reason I kept feeling like i needed to go to the salvation army, but i wanted to go to blessings and more, and i only had a $10 limit. so i went to the store i wanted to go to.. and my total only came up to $6. I left the parking lot and still felt like i needed to go to the salvation army. So I did. 
Found out a couple antique stores had gone out of business and had donated a lot of it. 
I found a piece of Dutch Blue Delft! for $1.49! I had to trade in another vase I had purchased because there was NO way i was leaving that there. 
And then when I got home, i had a feeling that i needed to show my mom. So i snapped a picture and sent it to her. I ended up telling her where i had gotten it. And felt like i should give it to her. (little bit of back story, she lost a LOT in a house fire 7 years ago). She was on cloud 9. 

It's the little things. 
To me.. that's where I see Him the most. 

I think the hardest part is to actually do what he says to do. Take action, even if it sounds ridiculous. 
....
Where do you see God in your life? 
How do you hear him?

No comments: