Tuesday, February 18, 2020

notes from church Cornerstone 2/16/2020

The guy in front of me had a shirt on with Acts 17:6
"But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some other believers before the city officials, shouting: “These men who have caused trouble all over the world have now come here,"

The shirt talked about turning the world upside down.. 

do as these men did. Get in trouble for turning things upside down. :) 

------

Interesting. 
The message. 
------

God has called you into a season in your life. 

Don't listen to the chatter telling you otherwise. 
"you should be doing this instead.. "yada yada yada. 

Ignore the idle chatter. 
They are not called into your season.. you are. 

John 21
vs 12-17
When you argue with Jesus, you always end up wrong. 
BOOM.

Why have you gone back to the next best thing (because it's what you know to do)?
You know instead to push forward to the next best thing you're CALLED to do. It's in front of you, not behind you. 

Anchoring moments- this made me think of our Monday round table conversations :) We are creating anchoring moments in our family and in ourselves. These are days and conversations where we are together as a Christian family that Satan doesn't like. He doesn't want to us to be strong. But we are going to anchor together as a family. 

He will teach you.. and then you have to apply it. 
We get so thirsty for knowledge, and we get all excited when God tells us something, and we agree with it, and then.. we do nothing with it. It's wasted. It fades. We needs to DO SOMETHING with what He teaches us. 

sometimes we get so used to having compassion for other people that we become numb to it. someone has a bad day or a bad relationship, or wants to talk to you or lean on you about something, and you say "oh i'm sorry, i'll pray for you" blah blah blah. but then you do nothing with it, you do nothing about it. 
it's Compassion Fatigue. 

so when God gives you an answer to a problem.. use that answer to go fix it! 
if you found the answer to a problem, and you did nothing with it, what would be the point of finding the answer? 

If you're going to say you believe who Jesus is, then you are the solution. You are the answer to a problem. Fix it! 

And you don't have to have a lot!
But you have to bring what you DO have to Jesus!

- side note-
as you all know, i have become disabled physically because of chronic illness and partially mentally because of mental and physical illness. 
But I have a passion for people. 
And I have a lot for connection. 
So social media has been a big deal for me.. to be able to connect with other people even if i can't get away from my home for one reason or another. 
also, God gave me a love for writing a long time ago, since middle school, and I still have that. 
So I gave what I DO have to God.. I gave my heart for people, my love for writing, my need for connection, and my knowledge and love for research.. to God. 
And even if I don't want to some days.. I can tell He's using me. 
Even if it takes all my energy to write and barely do anything at my own home.. I feel and I know that i'm in the right boat. 

This message to me was so reaffirming. I'm grateful that I know in my heart and my soul that I'm doing the right thing. I'm on the right track. 

BRING WHAT YOU DO HAVE TO JESUS!

*I am a God of abundance, of more than enough*

I have a small thing to bring and I want to see what Jesus can do with it. 

Don't forget also.. 
what we do with the little things He gives us tells Him what we will do with much. 
If we squander or push away things like mustard seeds and talents (parables), he will not want to give us more and bless us. 
Because we are not faithful with what WE think is insignificant. 

No comments: