Monday, February 10, 2020

my study of Ruth- Bible book

1: 16 and 17
Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me.
- Ruth was determined to stick with her mother in law, til death do they part.  Here is a true meaning of the word "friend". Naomi could rest assured that she would never be alone again, and that she would always be cared for and have companionship.

2:8
My daughter listen to me. Don't go and glean in another field and don't go away from here. Stay here with my servant girls. Watch the farm where my men are harvesting and follow along after the girls. I have told the men not to touch you.... why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me?.... I've been told what you have done for your mother-in-law..."
- Because of how well she treated Naomi and because of her work ethic, she developed a reputation for being helpful and pure. Boaz noticed this, and made sure she was safe and taken care of herself.

chapter 3 and 4.
Ruth went to Boaz to show him her honesty and purity and selflessness. He asked if the other heir of her husbands family wanted to inherited her farm and become her husband, first. He did not take it for himself until the other man decided to pass. Therefore, Boaz took all of Naomi's land from her husband and her two sons and also took Ruth as his bride.
- my goodness, the purity and the respect shown here is amazing. There is no vile physical trade, there is no dishonesty of taking something that someone else has the rights to. Boaz and Ruth had their destiny's intertwined by God's will. This maintained the family names, and kept their standing as a respectable family intact, as well.

that's a fantastic love story.

No comments: