Monday, February 3, 2020

anxiety 1-31-2020

COMING HOME FROM U of M in ANN ARBOR

I'm driving down 12
and
I can hear and feel the road vibrating around my car
the sound of the wind being split by my vehicle as i shoot through it
vehicles passing me coming the opposite way on the opposite side
look like they're looming behind me as well
a whole line of them.

They're angry headlights glaring at me to get out of their way

And the sound of my daughter sniffing each one of her breathe into her body
i am tired
and my anxiety might get the best of me
i'm trying to focus
just to get to the gas station
so i can put some money in the tank
and stop worrying if i have enough to get home

I need to escape

I keep licking my lips
and biting them
because i'm nervous
come to find out i have a canker sore right on top
my inhalers in my purse behind me
not sure if i dare try to reach for it

...
Three minutes later, made it to the gas station. Stepped out, closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air for a minute. Didn’t want to take too long and look like a weirdo. At least I was out of the car, I didn’t feel so stuck...

Debated going in to use the toilet because I had to pee.. I really just wanted to get home. But, my body won... bathroom it is.

Back in the car I go. This should be fine. Starting to get a headache.. I need a nap

so close

No comments: