Thursday, August 8, 2019

What used to be my business

As I’m working on this order for a friend of mine, so far this is my third week working on it. My turnaround time used to be like 1 to 2 weeks and that was taps. And then I made sure people knew it could take 3 to 4 weeks. Now I’m finding myself exhausted just knowing that I have a project to do for someone else that’s taking a while. And there are more cosmetic flaws than there used to be.

Now I’m getting ready to put the snaps on and I’m having to jog my memory about what part is white. The socket and the stud and the cap. And it’s daunting to look at my snap press and realize that it’s very hard to push on it, much harder than it used to be.

This is going to be my last custom order that includes snaps. Honestly, I really haven't done any custom orders period in a long time. Which i'm sad of, but actually relieved and grateful for. I don't like disappointing people. 

I honestly might sell my snap collection. They’re just too hard for me to do anymore. And it makes me sad to look at them.
for now i'll put them behind a box to get them out of sight. 

No comments: