Thursday, August 15, 2019

ok, body, i'm listening

so yesterday, i had a lot of energy, it felt really good. i went to my dentist appointment, me and my girls all did chores together, i even crawled under the kids beds and kicked everything out to get taken care of.
and in the process, i thought to myself, i wonder if tomorrow i'm not going to be able to do anything.

HA!
well, i can do SOME things. ;)

i took the morning off to watch tv with my older two daughters while the youngest, Zoe, was at her bible study, and then we started working on clothes and shoes for school, and i kept getting light headed and i'm sore from yesterday. sigh. :P

i stopped in the middle of the project, pushed all the boxes to the side, and got some stuff to take a shower. because i stink, and i need to conserve my energy.

i figure i'll finish tonight.

i got in the bathroom, got ready to jump in the shower and i had a muscle cramp in my neck, and started to get a muscle spasm around my SI joint. first thing i did in the shower was stand with my back to it, letting the warmth pelt my skin, hoping to keep the spasm from increasing. but as soon as i got out, it started getting worse. so as soon as i was dressed enough, i went to the closet in the hallway and got my muscle relaxers.
            and decided that now is the time to do my foot soak. i've been putting it off and putting it off.. and since my body isn't ok with my movements today, i'll sit in front of the computer with my feet in a dish pan of warm lavender scented water, with my foot scrub and shaver.
            probably a good thing that i'm being forced to slow down ;) body knows best.

No comments: