Wednesday, August 14, 2019

"busy napping"

this morning, i got up before my girls did, fed the cats, cleaned the litter, got dressed, made coffee, went to my dentist appointment 5 minutes down the road. got back and made sure they were all get up. (10ish AM). i had my breakfast, drank my coffee, and grabbed my iPad to read my book on kindle while i rested in the chair. i ended up falling asleep after 2 pages, i was so tired. i didn't get up until noon, and asked one of my daughters something (middle child), and she said.. get this..

"you were busy napping, so i didn't want to bother you".

busy napping.
guys, this girl gets in.

in a world of speed, and bad health, and go here, do this, can't slow down..

i was busy.
i was busy doing something important.
why was it important?
because my body was telling me i needed to it. and i listened.

being mindful of what your body says to do IS NOT EASY!
and then listening and LETTING YOURSELF do what your body says it needs is HUGE!

and my daughter, at 12 years old, is unconsciously recognizing this.
i'm a proud mama.

for listening to my body and letting it do what it needed.
and also for my daughter to recognize that, in that timeframe, mom was busy. i was actively doing self care. which i obviously want to promote with them, as well.

No comments: