Sunday, September 27, 2020

why do we fear dying?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2017/jul/25/we-fear-death-but-what-if-dying-isnt-as-bad-as-we-think

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318895


What is so scary about dying? 

I guess for me, I don't really fear being gone from this earth because I don't feel like my body is mine anyway. 

I have a dissociative disorder, which means I have out of body experiences because my brain and my body separate at times. So honestly, my spirit doesn't really feel at home in my human form. 

That's probably why I'm okay with the fact that I know I, internally, psychologically, spiritually will be gone from this earth someday and I'm okay with that. 

I go through pain all the time, so pain isn't as big a deal for me. 


Is it a fear of leaving things behind?

leaving people behind? I know my husband will be a mess, if I pass away before him. But I think that's up to God to take care of his heart, and to have people surrounding him and taking care of him. My husband has people that will do that. 

And I don't do that much financially for the family, so there's not much of a loss there. (Maybe it's because I'm autistic, I think about everything so literally, and there's not much feeling connected to it.)

earthly belongings not being taken care of? 

I have thought of some of these things, but none of them really stick for me. 

No comments: