Friday, June 26, 2020

comparing journeys

we all know that every single person has a different journey.
we all have different lives we live, different things we go through, and different outcomes to the same issues.

but what about if you have a medical journey, and you start comparing yours to another persons.

i found myself doing this on a couple of occasions recently.
it's good to have yourself in a group of people, like a support group, where people are going through the same things as you and together, you're getting through life and loving on each other.

and then the devil steps in.
why?
because he wants to ruin our relationships and our joy and our contentment.

I admit this to two of my INSTAfriends,
Josie https://www.instagram.com/seejosiesmile/
and
Elaina https://www.instagram.com/ms_fighting_mom/

why can't I be skinny and beautiful in my disabled state?
how does she get abs like that?
i can't do yoga like that anymore, i would fall apart. *sigh
i wish i was that confident to show off my sexy body.
and then jealousy slips in.

and i have to remind myself..
THAT'S NOT MY JOURNEY!
they have their own journeys!

I need to focus and remind myself of my own journey.
my journey isn't about taking pics of my bare body parts or talking about how disabled people are still sexual and desirable.
that's Josie's and I LOVE her for it.

my journey isn't about MS and being flexible and strong and being a young mom who is fighting the system to get help.
that's Elaina's and she just warms my soul.

my journey is to speak openly.. to use my words.. and to call things out as a see them in real life (whether it be a parenting thing, or the tiny things in nature, or something about being a spouse, a followers of God, meme's, truth, and being chronically ill and autistic).

FOCUS on what you are meant to do.
REMEMBER we are all unique.
and be HONEST with people you look up to and/or support you.

No comments: