Friday, June 26, 2020

Bridge Builders- inspired by Steven Furtick and John Gray

"The problem with someone who wants to build bridges is when they lay it down, they get walked all over."

God has called me to be a bridge builder.

This has become to clear to me.

There are so many things He wants me to speak out on.
So many topics that I've noticed people just keep hush hush.
And that's not okay.

I've been put in a position (which is odd to say it's a good thing?) to be able to use my journey and my mind to be open about things that people really wouldn't talk about.

people don't talk about disability
people don't talk about autism
people don't talk about truth
people don't talk about mental health
people don't talk about marriage
people don't talk about.. what's the other topic again?
(exactly)

all of these things are always glossed over and forgotten as soon as they are out there.
they are hidden.
they are pushed to the side.
these things (AND MORE!) are hard to listen to.

but they need to be.
and i know this list totally looks blasé
             AND THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

why do these things look like "oh we've seen this before?" "nothing new" "meh, old news"
but people are fighting each other AND themselves because they ARE blasé.

THIS IS SAD.
AND THIS IS A BRIDGE THAT NEEDS TO BE BUILT.

there is a gulf in between people on all sides of these topics.. it feels like a trench that around an island separating the ocean from its existence.

WE NEED WORDS.
WE NEED CONVERSATIONS.
WE NEED BRIDGES TO BE BUILT.

and praise God (in my weakness, brokenness, nervousness and tiredness) He is giving me courage.
I can't do this on my own.

No comments: