Thursday, January 2, 2020

I sat down to talk to God

Because i'm not good at talking out loud, unless it's to myself, I journaled my thoughts to God on December 27, 2019. 
I feel I need to share them.
---------
Hi God. 
I'm grateful for you. 

Thankful for the moments of quiet where I can breathe in your presence. 

Thankful for the moments of chaos where I can smile because I look around and I can see your love, your grace and your abundance. 

Thankful for the love and partnership you give me in just having you with me constantly. How you guide and lead me through decisions and place my steps so surely. You know exactly where I should go, there is nothing _____ (tepid?) about your path. It is straight and true. Straight meaning without fail, straight meaning _____ (knowing, solid), not straight meaning without turn or bend, because there is nothing straight about it. But I know it is the right path because it is not always the path I would have chosen, but I know you are holding my hand and sometimes carrying me. 

" 'I know the plan I have for you', declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.' "

I want to hear "well done, my good and faithful servant", not "I knew you not". 

--------
The word he has given me this year, I feel it in my soul. 

The word is Follow. 

No comments: