Wednesday, January 15, 2020

I don’t irritate you on purpose- i’m actually autistic

I don't mean to say the wrong thing, or say it the wrong way, or to insult you.
I don't mean to be so blunt when I should use a filter, or use a filter when I should be blunt. This social thing is hard for me to understand.

I don't mean to leave things undone, or seem like i'm ignoring chores or messes, or forget to do something that's important.

I don't mean to over think or ruminate on something that's a minor detail and keep bringing it up. It might not be minor to me.

I don't mean to spend money on something that I think is a good idea at the time, but really my lack of judgment made it something bad or wrong.

I don't mean to yell about something that seems insignificant. Sometimes life is overwhelming, even when it's quiet.

I don't mean to push you away when you want to give me physical attention. I do want you to cuddle me, but I'm on sensory overload.

I don't mean to cross lines that aren't physically there. I'm learning.

This is who I am. And I feel like I should apologize for it.. but what good would that do?
I don't irritate you on purpose.. i'm actually Autistic. And i'm beginning to be ok with that, and whatever that means for me.

No comments: