Tuesday, December 17, 2019

It makes a difference

 I’ve been struggling more recently with my depression disorder and I wasn’t planning on going out at all this week except for my psychology appt. but then I remembered I have to take three papers to SSA, I have to get supplies for my daughters school project and out snake needs a feeder mouse . So I went out, I started with me husbands office to print out some things. When I got to the dollar tree, I decided to go to the coffee house beside it to try to calm my nerves because the SSA office made me very anxious. As I was checking out at the dollar tree and the cashier asked how I was and I gave a deep breathe and said “I’m ok”... and he responded. He didn’t blow it off, he responded and said “it doesn’t seem like you’re ok”.

I just got home 5 minutes ago (a normal 1 hour round trip took me over 2 hours to complete) and I called the dollar tree and he picked up the phone. I told him I really appreciate that he was genuinely concerned and said he noticed my non-ok-ness (ew, cringing at my made up word), that I was struggling and that it helps to have someone say something. 

No comments: