Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Introverts please?



very very very very ... yes :)

fun thing- i get to be a mix of things :) not just medically, but also mentally and emotionally. i'm an ambivert, which means i can be outgoing and social, but then i also really need time alone and don't want people around me.

unfortunately, this flip can happen at any time..
and being autistic as well, i can get very overwhelmed or start to have more physical touch anxiety/over stimulation very quickly. and when i can finally get out of a situation, i have to have a quiet space with nobody around to work through it until i'm ok.

last night i had a wonderful experience with a cousin-in-law. Recently she took it upon herself to do a small Bible study series with my youngest daughter, and my sister-in-laws daughter (my niece), and now that they are done with their series, we were meeting together just as ladies to talk through the experience. we met at a new coffee house in town, and my sister-in-law didn't show up (she forgot) and i was relieved that it would only be me and my cousin-in-law. not that i don't enjoy my sister-in-law but i do better in smaller groups of people. this also leads me to feeling sometimes like other people parent or shop or do "whatever" better than me, so i can feel very inadequate with no fault to anyone, that's just what my wiring leads me to, and i hate it. it was still a bit awkward to be with the cousin (i don't really know why), but it felt nice to weight the option of getting out of the house, away from the crazy of the kids, and just have coffee and a snack with someone of the same mindset and age bracket. (she's a married adult with the same faith base, so we can communicate on better levels than someone else, who might not understand.)

No comments: