Tuesday, July 9, 2019

The fork in the road



So I was walking this path behind my old school, of course using my walking sticks, because they are amazing, and i came to the fork in the road. Now I know where the left one leads, I go on that one all the time. But I also always forget that there's this other one.

So this time.. I went there!
And guess what.. it ended at a little clearing with a building that looked like either a single person could live there or it could just be used for storage. So yeah..
a couple things.
I adventured!
I stepped out of what I normally do and tried something else. :) It was short lived, but i did it! And it didn't hurt me, it wasn't like this mind blowing experience, but I tried something else. I'm proud of that. And I should be.

I had a chance to do something different.. and I didn't stick to only what I know. I actually made a choice in my own mind to do something out of the ordinary.
These mindful things I'm talking about are not things we normally think about. They are subconscious activities in most people's minds.
But for someone like me, it's actually impressive that I'm able to break this down and focus on it and reflect on it, and pat myself on the back for taking a new chance. OR any chance at all.

I came to a fork, and I didn't turn back. I decided that i wasn't going to let it freak me out and make me quit. I decided.

This may just be something simple for you, and you're like "omgosh, she's really reading into this thing. it's just a path that splits in two walking in the woods".
yeah.. and it's a big deal. :)

No comments: