Monday, July 1, 2019

parts of the family

I've been ruminating lately about the different parts of my family.. interested in the different places we are all at, different "careers" and "jobs", different family sizes and ages.. it's intriguing. :)

My parents.. My dad will be 70 in August.. wow!
He has embraced his white hair.. i love it. He is getting close to retirement from his computer job at the hospital. He's always been a worker bee.
My mom just turned 29 again (for the 40th time.. ahem). :) She has been staying at home now as a wife, housekeeper, landlord and grandma for about 5 years (i think.. could be longer). She likes that she can work on things at her own pace now, and she gets to enjoy watching her kids and their kids grow and change.

My older brother.. He's 39 this year. He is now a minister of music at a local church, he is finished up more online schooling this week. His wife is an oncology nurse at our local hospital. They have been blessed with 6 kids, the first 5 of which are girls.. the oldest is 19 this year, and in college, the youngest of which is a little man who is turning 5 in a couple weeks! They have lived in 4 different states now, and they are back to Michigan (I believe) for good.

Myself and my husband... He is a cinematographer. He has owned his own business for 11 years now, officially for 9, and is also in a business partnership that kicked off in (I think) 2016. I have had many jobs, but I am now blessed with the opportunity to be a homemaker, wife, mom, and an advocate for invisible illnesses, mental health and my faith. It's been quite an awesome opportunity (in more than 1 sense of the word) to be able to do this.

My younger brother.. lives one state away, and he is a pathology assistant at a hospital. His wife is a graphic designer, and they have 2 beautiful kiddos. He turned 32 this year.

Hey, we are all in our 30s!

My younger sister.. is an RN at our local hospital, JUST turned 30, and is married to a gentleman who works at a steel factory (he just turned 29. He can join the 30 club next year). They together have 5 awesome kiddos, 2 boys and 3 girls.

------
Looking at this amazing combination of abilities and faces and walks of life.. I am blessed to be part of it.
So thankful for these gifts.

No comments: