Wednesday, July 10, 2019

my husband, the helper

a couple days ago i was in a situation where i was getting overwhelmed and i could tell he knew that my anxiety was spiking and he was awesome about it. 

he stayed there with me in it, held my hand, rubbed my shoulder softly, told me to breathe and blocked me from what was stimulating me. 
after i had calmed down a bit to where it was more manageable, he asked if it had helped. 

this man is a rock for me. 
so glad he wants to be with me in it and not give up and walk away.

....
this is also not the first time he's stayed with me in my anxiety. 
one time i had a breakdown and was sobbing and he sat down with me and just stayed there, holding me. 

another time, i was getting overwhelmed in the kitchen, a recipe was coming out right and i was trying to fix it, and the kids were milling it and out, being loud and making their food. i scooped the dough into a tupperware, shoved it in the fridge, and he came in right when i was about to collapse on the floor and curl into a ball. he stood there staring at me, i'm assuming assessing the situation, and then dropped his work bag, took both my hands, and started the breathing app on my watch and had me close my eyes and follow the breathing. after we went through the breathing sequence twice, he just held me. 

....
thanking God so much for giving me someone who won't leave me when it gets uncomfortable and wants to be there in the middle of my storms. 

No comments: