Wednesday, January 16, 2019

BFF

having three girls, this term is thrown around like candy at a parade.
instead of saying they have a good friend, or a best friend, they say they have a BFF.. probably because it's easier.

but the meaning is completely different, and they haven't learned that yet.

one of my girls used it the other day, and my husband stopped her and asked her if she knew what BFF means.. and she told him "best friend forever".
so she knows what it stands for.. but..

BFF
best friend.. forever.
forever is a long time.

forever means there are ups and downs and laughter and tension and differences of lifestyle and opinion.

BFF holds a lot of weight and value.

I can honestly say I have this.
This unique, rare connection with a person.
Built on mutual respect and the want for each other to grow and change.
The fact that even when we change, we knows that there's a special connection that keeps us together and accountable to each other.
Even if we don't believe the same things or feels the same ways.. we support and honor those differences, and wish for those things that make us each better people to flourish.

Forever is a long time.
.....
I wrote to my BFF this morning. I met her back in 1998, my junior year of high school.
We have been connected at the soul since day 1. We are soul sisters, not just friends.

We have miles and miles and miles in between us, but we connect every day in some way.

"I just realized something. You are my BFF.
My best friend forever.
Even my husband knows your important to me, and always knows you're going to be there. I feel like honestly that is a place of comfort to know that you will always be there for me.
Forever.
I will never be without you.
I'm so grateful. I can't do this life without you."

 

.....
Also remember, it is imperative that the person you live your life with, your spouse, your significant other, your partner, should also be connected with you deeply. Sometimes these people ARE your soul mate.
But please don't confuse best friend and soul mate.
They are not equal.

Soul mate is a person who leads a very parallel life to you and connects with you on the deepest level imaginable. They are part of who you are.

Best friend is someone who loves you for who you are, and no matter what, values you above all other relationships.

I have been VERY BLESSED to have both of these in my life, and being married to one of them.

No comments: