Friday, April 30, 2021

"Less of me, and more of you" John 3:30-36

I had a conversation with God this morning
I was talking to him about being less of me and more of him. 
I always want to have my humility come from God, not for my humility to come from me. 
Because then I can use my "humbleness" to lift myself up, use it to glorify my own humility, not the fact that I want him to guide me in humbleness. 
To keep me from thinking that the good things in my life have anything to do with me. 
Also to keep me from thinking anything good that might come from my ministry has anything to do with me doing it, but to point to God and not exalt my willingness to listen as "look at me, I listen to God, I make good things happen for other people". 

"There is no-one good, no, not one."
There is no good human being.. we are all sinful. 
We want other people to look at us and think good things and to see what we do in our lives as great and amazing. 
But life is not about us. 
Our bodies are on loan. 
Any space we take up is air that God gives us. 
We do not deserve the air we breathe. 
That's why we sing.. "you are the air we breathe. you're holy presence is living in me." 

Because when we believe,
When we choose to live out Christ in our everyday,
When we give us our "beautiful" earthly reflection to vow to see God in us when we look in the mirror,
We want to reflect Jesus.
We want to follow Christ's path as closely as we can. 

We can see behind us the missteps and swerves of life as we feebly attempt to do what God says,
because we are imperfect.
But because of the cross, we are made perfect in His sight.

So I will continue to slow down
prioritize my time with Him
stick with His word
and follow where He leads me
no matter how uncomfortable or out of "the box" it puts me, because the box doesn't really exist. 
Society creates the box
and I don't need to live in it.
God creates a home for me.. "I go to prepare a place for you. In my Fathers house are many rooms.." (the Last Supper)
that's where I belong.
---------

John 3:30-36
He must become greater; I must become less.
The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from earth belongs to earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them. 

No comments: