Tuesday, October 2, 2018

so many things have happened..

i'm not going to go into everything that's happened in the past 6 months.
let's just say i've been so busy with life.. every now and then i think of my blog, and then i do the next thing on my calendar.

kids have been home from school, in between my part time job, my dr appointments, physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy..

i actually got two of my kids in to see a geneticist about possible EDS! wow.. that was touched on in the last blog post, i would recommend reading it if you're interested in how that came about.

long story short..

i have multiple diagnosis now.. EDS being one of them!
I'M A ZEBRA!
It's on my chart.. omgosh, it's on my chart!

I also have more issues that it has been causing, finding ways to live with those new findings and help my quality of life be better.

my oldest daughter is EDS, but she doesn't have enough wrong with her yet to actually do blood work to rule things out and diagnose it. so she most likely will have to wait until she's into high school, when things start getting worse with her body, to actually put the EDS label on it. (kind of scary actually.)
my middle child does NOT have EDS.

......
Also i find got to take a trip to Colorado to spend time with my BFF! and we got matching tattoos! we took our finger prints and overlapped them to make a heart. :)
branded for life. :)

.....
I also have made a life change in my job..
I am not working anymore.
My husband and I have decided that with all the struggles that i'm facing, and the lack of care of our family and our home, I'm "retiring". I've filed for disability.. and i'm able to keep up with cleaning the house and making meals and being there for the kids and helping my husband in his office some days.

Because of all the wonderful doctors i've met and have been able to tell me whats going on under my skin, I have a generous size morning "cocktail" now, and a smaller "cocktail" to take before bed.
I never thought i'd be ok with taking medications, but they are helping me.
I am learning to think of these things (medications, braces, cane, PT exercises, walker, wheelchair) as tools. And that my life tools are going to look different than other people's life tools.

ANYWHO.. thanks for taking a minute to catch up with me. :) I look forward to being on here more often.

No comments: