Monday, October 22, 2018

anxiety and medication

so i'm finally at a point in my life where my anxiety is effecting my everyday life.
i'm starting to realize that with my sickness, the more stress i have, and the more problems my body has, the worse my anxiety will be.

so I'm at a point to where i'm ok with the fact that i need meds to help me.

my dr and I decided that i would try Zoloft, starting at 25 mg.
I am on 50 mg now and it seems to be ok.

i was actually able to drive on the highway, and even though, i was close to having a panic attack, i held myself together, i didn't freak out, i didn't start crying, i kept myself focused, i got through it.

today at my neurologist appt, all the questions he asked me, i didn't get all tensed up like i normally would (i'm generally terrible at forming thoughts and opinions and answers on the spot). i was able to think of the answers and say them clearly, and even when he did the occipital nerve block injections today, which i wasn't expecting (for my migraines), i did have a little bit of an anxiety problem after i thought he was only going to do one set of shots.. apparently, the first set of needles was just to put in the numbing agent and the second set was to put in the nerve block. i did get a little worked up the first set because it wasn't what i was expecting. we did 7 shots and i was kind of like "holy crap" and kind of freaked me out a bit.

but i'm getting better at driving down to Toledo myself, finding ways around highways (back roads that are still quick) myself.


so using those two examples.. even though there was a stigma around using medication for anxiety for me personally, i'm learning to be ok with it and it's helping me.

No comments: