Wednesday, August 26, 2020

life events and what they can teach you

today I had to return a pair of shoes because they aren't right for what we need them for.

after the return I went to Walmart to look at shoes and got a few things for myself.

after Walmart, I went to Goodwill to see if they would have the right shoes, and then meandered over to the women's dresses because I love dresses and thrifting. i found a dress that was so fun and pink and glittery, but because of COVID I wasn't able to try it on. so being me, I asked the lady who was also looking at dresses if she could take a photo of me with it and she said "sure! of course!". she had also encouraged me a minute earlier to try it on, before we thought of the COVID rule for dressing rooms.

after the dresses, I looked at some housewares and found this tiny teapot set, and I just HAD to get it for Zoe. unfortunately, I kept thinking in my head $5 minimum purchase (because some thrift stores have this rule). so I kept looking and found a candle that needed some love (even though I'm going to burn it) and found a vase that looked like a water pouring pot, and along the way I kept running into the same lady and we were joking about little things here and there.

when I got to the register, I asked about the $5 rule and they said "nope!" so I put back the vase and when she went to ring me up, it wouldn't go through. I checked my bank account on my phone real quick, and the return hadn't gone through yet.
then the fun lady was right behind me putting her things on the counter and said "I'll pay for it!". I was like "are you sure?" and she was like "yeah, no big deal, just put all of it together on one receipt".
-------
if COVID hadn't made us stay home, Zoe wouldn't have been so bored.
if Zoe hadn't wanted to look online for modeling and pageants, we never would have gone down this road.
if Zoe hadn't started modeling school, I never would have had to buy heels.
if I had never bought the wrong heels, I would never have had to return them.
I would not have been at Walmart to buy myself more supplies for journaling, etc.
I would have to been at goodwill at that time dropping off a bag and a pair of shoes (if I hadn't gone to the free yard sale at the church, I wouldn't have those things to donate).
I wouldn't have had fun with the pink dress, wouldn't have developed report with her, and she wouldn't have had the chance to pay forward her kindness.
and for that I'm grateful.
not for the tea set I'm gifting my daughter or the candle that looked sad and I couldn't smell through my mask (so I have no idea how it's going to smell).
but for the fact that you never know where you're doing to find an opportunity.
and you never know who is going to be in a position to pay forward kindness.

BE the person who pays it forward.
and ALLOW people to pay it forward to you.
and NEVER think that something so small has no impact.
EVERYTHING in life has an effect on something.
make it good.

No comments: