Friday, September 25, 2026

Conversations with God .. from May 11, 2023

 May 11, 2023


God talking to me in the garden again.


I was putting the mint plants in, and then I got to the rocks and the extended garden area where the Solomons Seal is coming in. Two tiny plants. And I didn’t know what to do with the middle part of it. So I pulled all the old pieces out of decoration and started digging around so I could figure out what to plant there, and I got down to some roots that I pulled out and I heard God say “keep digging”. I was like “oh OK”. 


So I did… I kept digging, kept pulling out old roots and clipping them off. Before I know it, I’m pulling out all these beautiful rocks that have to be from the lakes. Which would make sense considering the other stones that I’ve found here and the previous owners.


I went and got a planter so I can collect the rocks that I pull out… And as I go, God tells me keep going. So I keep going. It got to a point to where the only direction I could dig was under my left foot, so I moved my foot just a scoche and dug around underneath it, hoping that it wouldn’t cave-in. 


I kept pulling out beautiful, smooth rocks that literally could only come from the lakes. God was telling me to take every rock I saw, that I’m gonna need it and I’m gonna want it. :-)


When I finally got down to where the roots were overlapping each other and I couldn’t dig down any further, I said, I don’t think I can go any further… And God said “really? Are you sure?” So I started digging around the sides and, lo and behold, there was more to be found.


When I was finally told that I didn’t have to do anymore to just fill it in and I was done, I heard my subconscious tell God that he could have any of the stones he wanted, that could do anything with them just for him. I literally gave all my findings up to God as an offering.


That shocked me, but I kept going and was thinking.. well it is his. He made the rocks and even they cry out and bless his name. That’s what all creation is do to. To worship God. In all we see and do and act. 


God said near the end I could keep all the rocks I wanted. 😮

But it does seem like some of them are meant to bring great blessing. 

I’ve seen quite a few interesting stones on eBay and Etsy.. I wonder if this “treasure” that God is leading me to is a way to provide, more than just in natural beauty, but also in finances. 


The Bible verse that He reminded me of was “Your God will provide all your needs, according to His riches in glory”. 

He told me a couple times near the end that He gave me all the rocks I needed, that any extra would be what I wanted. 

It did get to a point where He scolded and reminded me that I was taking away from the value of the gift He just gave me by continuing to look for more rocks. That hit. 


When we are given gifts from God, the more we take, it becomes about greed, about our wants, and tarnishes the beauty and the meaning of the gifts. Because we want more. Even though we need nothing else. 


Greed, pride, control, personal security. I overstepped, and it was wrong of me. 

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

No comments: