Sunday, March 27, 2022

phobia vs discomfort (there's a difference)

being afraid of something; fear

vs

having discomfort with a situation based on personal experience or my belief system
---------

putting this into a concept to understand better.
umm.. lets go with the LGBTQIAS+ experience, since that's a big deal right now. 

I'm not afraid of people who aren't the same as me (heterosexual cysgender), I'm just uncomfortable with it because it goes against what I believe is true and real about how bodies are created. I've ever tried to understand it and wrap my mind around the "why", etc. But I just don't get it, and it feels off. That doesn't mean I'm afraid of them or I'm going to wag my Christianity finger in their face. This is just my personal inner experience and struggle with it. 

another one. 
I guess would be the whole racial thing. there's a big deal right now about something called CRT "critical race theory", and again, I've read about it, watched youtube videos about it, and i just don't understand. Why for 1, is this infiltrating our school systems and pitting people against each other, validating and invalidating people as children , and brainwashing them into the inferior/superior complex? For 2, I don't understand why, why, why different skin colors make a difference? People are people, why do we make it so much more difficult than that? We are all different, beautiful shades of the one race of people that God created. Why must there be such division? 

This world baffles me. 
And i shouldn't be confused, it's written in the Bible. 
Diversity should be beautiful, not tragic. 

No comments: