Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Eye Liner - My beauty thing.

 I know this doesn't sound important, but to someone who doesn't really do makeup.. except for one product.. and then that product starts to give you allergies.. it's frustrating. 

My favorite makeup product has always been eyeliner. 

And up until a couple years ago, I always use Mary Kay soft twistable eyeliner. Well, come to find out, it is soy based, and I have become allergic to soy. DANG IT. 


So I began a journey over the last month to find something else that I like and that works for me. 

Hence.. the dollar tree eyeliner haul. 


Jesse's girl was the first one I tried. It's a liquid metallic blue.. beautiful! And it stayed really well! 

And no soy. ;) 

WINNER 

The next one I used was a liquid as well, by Maybelline, a brand I generally am happy with. 
Unfortunately, this purple is so light, I need a darker color because of my complexion. Also, I don't feel like it stayed very well. 
I ended up giving it to my daughter, who (didn't think about this) also has a dark complexion like me, so it doesn't show up well on her either. :P Well, I have two other daughters. Here's hoping. 



Next, hard candy (awesome brand!) was good! It was a little rough putting on, but it stayed really well. It has a shimmer to it, which I also like, and it has a smudger on the other end if I want to blend it out instead of having a solid black line. 
ANOTHER WINNER :) 



Last, but not least L.A. Colors. This is the Dollar Tree brand, and usually a go to for me. They rarely, if ever, disappoint. So I gave it a go. It's a dark brown, I do like the application. It's a harder tip so just be gentle, but it's good coverage, I like the end result, but it tends to wear off over time. I recommend having a foundation or primer on before this so it sticks better. Or a combination of that with a good setting spray. (I recommend www.shopmissa.com for that)



So three winners in the trial of 4 (and I got a random one in the mail by mistake from a company who was supposed to send me eyeshadow.. it's a clear glitter liner.. woot! Back to the 80's). 

So it sucks that I can't wear my all time favorite anymore, and I'm still on the hunt for a dark purple liner (some on Shop Miss A, but they are always out of stock, sigh). Eventually ;) 

No comments: