Thursday, October 29, 2020

Being single after divorce

A couple nights ago, my husband and I watched a new episode of GLOW (gorgeous ladies of wrestling, on Apple TV). The main lady said that now that she’s single again, “I guess I have to start dating again, huh?” Why? Are people not allowed to be single? Is there really that much pressure from peers and society to always be in relationships? Sounds like a huge problem with codependency to me. Then again, if you’ve been married to someone for any amount of time, I guess just the feeling of being on your own can be daunting. But I really hope and pray that people can learn to be on their own and be healthy individuals and happy and content with who they are instead of constantly depending on on other people to complete them. 

No comments: