Thursday, October 29, 2020

expensive items being better than others

 This idea came to mind because one of my daughters was with me in the car and we saw an expensive car and I said "that's a nice car". It made me think.. why is it a nice car? Because it costs a lot? Because it looks desirable to you? 


So when we desire something that’s NOT ours, it’s BETTER than what we have? 


I challenge you to look at your own life, look at the things that you have, and point out what you own that’s NICE. 

I think it’s honestly because of our sin nature that we subconsciously always want things we don’t have.. and that goes against the 10 commandments. Imagine how it would feel if we didn’t have a problem with desiring things other people have. We would be so much more content with our lives.

No comments: