Tuesday, September 20, 2022

What they don't see.. from the outside of me

Pushing
through lack of energy
dragging my body through airspace
to move a monster named Shark
to suck up all the skin and hair 
and whatever else fell there

moving the chair
the chair that should be so easy to move
feels like a boulder
heave

push the monster
more and more
back and forth

the chair has to go back
so I take a deep breathe
and make my feet and hands do their work
because stopping won't help anyone
it'll just make it harder to finish.

have I thought about opening a window?
yes
have I thought about turning off the AC?
yes
have I done it?
no. 
too
much
work

I can feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins
my heartbeat
my breathing
but my body parts
aren't processing
correctly

from the outside of me
this is what you don't see
the human
who just wants to live
and be okay

sigh
I'm okay
resting my hands on the keyboard
not moving my body
even though the face mask is going to make my skin red if I don't get it off

sigh
drag
move

No comments: