Saturday, September 10, 2022

I have to persevere, I can't give up.. even though..

How I function: Pain meds. Resting. Tools like my cane, walking sticks, yard chair, water bottle. Taking breaks. Slow movement. Wraps and braces when I have to keep going with no choice.

I have to persevere, I have to have motivation, I have to figure out how to do what I have to do. Most of the time I know it comes from my constant relationship with Christ. 

I have to work around a body that needs more care, more gentleness, more finesse and different movements, shorter time spans of energy use.. being able to be slower, more mindful, and separate my days into segments of work and self care. I'm most functional from about 10am - 2pm, and then again from 4pm - 8pm.

Success for me looks like getting a chore done. It looks like taking a shower, and some days even just getting dressed and getting down the stairs without getting winded. Success for me looks like clearing my mind through journaling and taking care of my houseplants. It looks like doing a load of dishes and working on prepping foods for the week. Success is watering the garden and getting the mail all in one outdoor run. Success is having enough of me leftover to get on the yoga mat and pop all my joints back together. Being able to breathe and find space for my mind to declutter. Sitting with coffee and my Bible and being able to focus and feel my breathing. Being able to talk with a friend and clearly keep in touch mentally with the whole conversation. Being able to feel like I'm present and connected.

No comments: