Thursday, October 14, 2021

a different way to look at Conviction



I always thought 
conviction 
was this huge word that meant "oh my gosh, huge moment where I feel terribly wrong about
everything bad I've done and now I know what I need to change."

But I never felt that.
So I've always been confused about the word.
What does it mean?

Well, I've noticed recently during conversations and real-life experiences that I have conviction
when it comes to how I live.
I am convicted every day that I should be about my heavenly Fathers' work, and not worry about the human response.
I am convicted often that I'm looking in the wrong places for my answers when I should be listening to the Holy Spirit. 
It shouldn't matter what I share with people or tell people, as long as I'm following the path that God has laid out for me. (This means living like Jesus did/would and respecting and loving, yes, that means with judgment and grace. They are both valid and necessary.)

Conviction isn't always this big moment where you realize everything you ever needed to change,
which your response is to fall on your face and then go upheave your whole life.

Conviction is a daily thing.
As it should be.



 

No comments: