Thursday, March 25, 2021

Where did the enneagram come from?

 Enneagram 9 and 2

These are my two numbers. I am a Peacemaker and a Helper. 

But what does this mean? 
The Enneagram is a way for us to figure out how we see the world. How our inner workings effect us in our lives. Who we are in our core and how we can learn to live better and interact in healthier ways. 

But this is a new thing. 
Where did it come from? 

The Enneagram is basically a quiz/chart used for us to learn to be more mindful of our own personal inner workings. It’s been used in counseling, it’s been used in business settings, it’s been used in schools to help people understand their strengths and weaknesses. 



This is an amazingly well written/said interview/article. 

Coming from a place of being a Christ-follower, it’s amazing to see someone who doesn’t just learn the Types of people we are but figuring out that they lead us to know where we lack and how we can further find our way to God. 
With my Types, I can gather that I do have a need to avoid and a need to be needed. I have always been this way. I avoid anything negative, and I want people to need me, but I’m so lost on how to put these two together.. this is where learning to be mindful helps me. This is also where being reminded that God loves me and gives me grace in all my mess ups makes me thankful. Because I know I need Him to help put me together as a whole human being, while in the meantime trusting Him and leaning on Him to guide me. 

If you have never done this test and are interesting in it, you can go to https://enneagramtest.net/

No comments: