Saturday, August 20, 2022

My Autism - talking in person versus online


It's easier for me to converse by typing or by talking online because I can see what I'm saying.
I can change what I'm saying. 
I can speak better through writing than I can put my thoughts into words
and hearing myself say them.
When I talk to people in person, there's always a fear of the response.
There's a fear of being looked down on,
there's a fear of not knowing what's going to be said back and not having the script for after that.
There's a fear of having someone ask a question
because then I have to think of the answer on the spot, 
and sometimes I say things that I don't mean or I think are going to sound wrong,
there are a million outcomes and I have to filter them through my brain.

Thinking isn't easy.
Talking out loud is worse.
Communication is really hard.


 

No comments: