Thursday, November 4, 2021

Forsaken on Easter

refers to: the opening words of Psalm 22, translated as "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me" in the King James Version. one of the Sayings of Jesus on the cross, quoting Psalm 22.
In Luke, Jesus says “Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms.” And I don’t think Jesus gets any more vividly portrayed in the Psalms than in Psalm 22, likely written a thousand years before he came on the scene.
www.isjesusalive.com

On the cross Jesus said “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” (Mark 15:34b). Jesus felt abandoned, forsaken, because He really was abandoned in fulfillment of the Scriptures. Jesus, who knew no sin, was made to be sin on behalf of all who would believe (2 Corinthians 5:21a)
www.theexaltedchrist.com

When Jesus hung on the Cross and died, at that time, he was carrying all the sins of the world, and God the Father had to look away from His son.. abandoning Him.

No comments: